Cantonese and Vietnamese as Minority Language
In Cantonese and Vietnamese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Cantonese and Vietnamese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Cantonese as minority language: Hawaii.
- Vietnamese as minority language: Czech Republic.
If you want to compare Cantonese and Vietnamese dialects, then you can go to Cantonese vs Vietnamese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Cantonese and Vietnamese Regulators
Cantonese and Vietnamese speaking countries provide you Cantonese and Vietnamese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Civil Service Bureau, Government of Hong Kong, Official Language Division regulates Cantonese language.Vietnamese is not regulated. Also get to learn, Cantonese and Vietnamese Language History.
Cantonese and Vietnamese Continents
Thinking about Cantonese and Vietnamese continents in which Cantonese and Vietnamese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Cantonese and Vietnamese. Most of the Cantonese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Vietnamese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Cantonese and Vietnamese languages:
Cantonese Interesting Facts:
- Cantonese have lot of slangs, many of them include words that do not make sense at all and some also have English in them.
- Even though Cantonese and Mandarin are dialects of Chinese, Cantonese has 8 tones instead of Mandarin's 4.
Vietnamese Interesting Facts:
- The vocabulary of Vietnamese language is influenced by Chinese Language.
- The only language in East Asia that uses the Latin alphabet is Vietnamese.
The Cantonese language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Chinese Language whereas Cantonese language is similar to Chinese Language and derived from Chinese Language.