Cantonese and Shona as Minority Language
In Cantonese and Shona speaking countries you will get the countries which have Cantonese and Shona as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Cantonese as minority language: Hawaii.
- Shona as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Cantonese and Shona dialects, then you can go to Cantonese vs Shona Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Cantonese and Shona Regulators
Cantonese and Shona speaking countries provide you Cantonese and Shona regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Civil Service Bureau, Government of Hong Kong, Official Language Division regulates Cantonese language.Shona is not regulated. Also get to learn, Cantonese and Shona Language History.
Cantonese and Shona Continents
Thinking about Cantonese and Shona continents in which Cantonese and Shona speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Cantonese and Shona. Most of the Cantonese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Shona speaking countries lie in Africa. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Cantonese and Shona languages:
Cantonese Interesting Facts:
- Cantonese have lot of slangs, many of them include words that do not make sense at all and some also have English in them.
- Even though Cantonese and Mandarin are dialects of Chinese, Cantonese has 8 tones instead of Mandarin's 4.
Shona Interesting Facts:
- Shona language is tonal language.
- The African people in Zimbabwe is made of 10 ethnic groups, each speaking a different languages, shona is spoken by 60 percent of population.
The Cantonese language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Chinese Language whereas Cantonese language is similar to Kalanga and Nambya Language and derived from Not Available.