Burmese and English as Minority Language
In Burmese and English speaking countries you will get the countries which have Burmese and English as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Burmese as minority language: Mon.
- English as minority language: South Africa.
If you want to compare Burmese and English dialects, then you can go to Burmese vs English Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Burmese and English Regulators
Burmese and English speaking countries provide you Burmese and English regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Myanmar Language Commission regulates Burmese language.English is not regulated. Also get to learn, Burmese and English Language History.
Burmese and English Continents
Thinking about Burmese and English continents in which Burmese and English speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Burmese and English. Most of the Burmese speaking countries lie in Asia. While English speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Burmese and English languages:
Burmese Interesting Facts:
- The naming of people in Burmese is strange. There is no last name, often name is rhymed such as Ming Ming, Mo Mo or Jo Jo.
- It appears as odd language to many people because it has peculiar pitch register, tonal form as language.
English Interesting Facts:
- Most of the English words begin with the letter S than any other letter.
- English is third most commonly spoken language in the world.
The Burmese language was derived from Pali Language and is similar to Thai Language whereas Burmese language is similar to Not Available and derived from Latin.