Bodo and Meithei as Minority Language
In Bodo and Meithei speaking countries you will get the countries which have Bodo and Meithei as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Bodo as minority language: Not Available.
- Meithei as minority language: Assam, Manipur, Tripura.
If you want to compare Bodo and Meithei dialects, then you can go to Bodo vs Meithei Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Bodo and Meithei Regulators
Bodo and Meithei speaking countries provide you Bodo and Meithei regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Bodo is not regulated.Meithei is not regulated. Also get to learn, Bodo and Meithei Language History.
Bodo and Meithei Continents
Thinking about Bodo and Meithei continents in which Bodo and Meithei speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Bodo and Meithei. Most of the Bodo speaking countries lie in Asia. While Meithei speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Bodo and Meithei languages:
Bodo Interesting Facts:
- In ancient times, Bodo language was written using Assamese script and Roman script.
- Bodo Language is written using Devanagari script since 1963.
Meithei Interesting Facts:
- Meithei Language is currently classified as a vulnerable language by UNESCO.
- The oldest document in Methei language was dated back in 8th century were inscriptions on the copper plate.
The Bodo language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Dimasa language, Garo language, Kokborok language whereas Bodo language is similar to Bengali, Odia, Maithili and Meithei Languages and derived from Not Available.