Bengali and Punjabi as Minority Language
In Bengali and Punjabi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Bengali and Punjabi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Bengali as minority language: Australia, Canada, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
If you want to compare Bengali and Punjabi dialects, then you can go to Bengali vs Punjabi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Bengali and Punjabi Regulators
Bengali and Punjabi speaking countries provide you Bengali and Punjabi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Bangla Academy, Paschimbanga Bangla Akademi regulates Bengali language.Punjabi is not regulated. Also get to learn, Bengali and Punjabi Language History.
Bengali and Punjabi Continents
Thinking about Bengali and Punjabi continents in which Bengali and Punjabi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Bengali and Punjabi. Most of the Bengali speaking countries lie in Asia. While Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Bengali and Punjabi languages:
Bengali Interesting Facts:
- Bengali language is the World's sweetest language.
- 21st February is celebrated as an International Mother Language day, which is based on Bengali language.
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
The Bengali language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Assamese and Oriya whereas Bengali language is similar to Hindi Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.