Afrikaans and Kirundi as Minority Language
In Afrikaans and Kirundi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Afrikaans and Kirundi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Afrikaans as minority language: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Kirundi as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Afrikaans and Kirundi dialects, then you can go to Afrikaans vs Kirundi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Afrikaans and Kirundi Regulators
Afrikaans and Kirundi speaking countries provide you Afrikaans and Kirundi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Die Taalkommissie, National Languages Committee regulates Afrikaans language.Kirundi is not regulated. Also get to learn, Afrikaans and Kirundi Language History.
Afrikaans and Kirundi Continents
Thinking about Afrikaans and Kirundi continents in which Afrikaans and Kirundi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Afrikaans and Kirundi. Most of the Afrikaans speaking countries lie in Africa. While Kirundi speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Afrikaans and Kirundi languages:
Afrikaans Interesting Facts:
- Afrikaans Language is a mixture of English, Dutch, German, French and some South African language like Xhosa.
- Afrikaans Language lacks case and gender distinctions.
Kirundi Interesting Facts:
- Kirundi language is tonal, since it has high and low essential tones.
- Kirundi Language is referred as a language where Meeussen's rule is active, this rule describes a certain pattern of tonal change in Bantu languages.
The Afrikaans language was derived from Dutch Language and is similar to Dutch Language whereas Afrikaans language is similar to Kinyarwanda Language and derived from Not Available.