Afrikaans and Khasi as Minority Language
In Afrikaans and Khasi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Afrikaans and Khasi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Afrikaans as minority language: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Khasi as minority language: Not Available.
If you want to compare Afrikaans and Khasi dialects, then you can go to Afrikaans vs Khasi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Afrikaans and Khasi Regulators
Afrikaans and Khasi speaking countries provide you Afrikaans and Khasi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Die Taalkommissie, National Languages Committee regulates Afrikaans language.Khasi is not regulated. Also get to learn, Afrikaans and Khasi Language History.
Afrikaans and Khasi Continents
Thinking about Afrikaans and Khasi continents in which Afrikaans and Khasi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Afrikaans and Khasi. Most of the Afrikaans speaking countries lie in Africa. While Khasi speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Afrikaans and Khasi languages:
Afrikaans Interesting Facts:
- Afrikaans Language is a mixture of English, Dutch, German, French and some South African language like Xhosa.
- Afrikaans Language lacks case and gender distinctions.
Khasi Interesting Facts:
- Khasi language contain a large number of loanwords from Bengali and Hindi Languages.
- There is significant dialectal variation in khasi language, since several dialects have only partial mutual intelligibility.
The Afrikaans language was derived from Dutch Language and is similar to Dutch Language whereas Afrikaans language is similar to Not Available and derived from Not Available.