Urdu and Punjabi as Minority Language
In Urdu and Punjabi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Urdu and Punjabi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
If you want to compare Urdu and Punjabi dialects, then you can go to Urdu vs Punjabi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Urdu and Punjabi Regulators
Urdu and Punjabi speaking countries provide you Urdu and Punjabi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan regulates Urdu language.Punjabi is not regulated. Also get to learn, Urdu and Punjabi Language History.
Urdu and Punjabi Continents
Thinking about Urdu and Punjabi continents in which Urdu and Punjabi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Urdu and Punjabi. Most of the Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. While Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Urdu and Punjabi languages:
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
The Urdu language was derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language and is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages whereas Urdu language is similar to Hindi Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.