Punjabi and Oriya as Minority Language
In Punjabi and Oriya speaking countries you will get the countries which have Punjabi and Oriya as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Oriya as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Punjabi and Oriya dialects, then you can go to Punjabi vs Oriya Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Punjabi and Oriya Regulators
Punjabi and Oriya speaking countries provide you Punjabi and Oriya regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Punjabi is not regulated.Oriya is not regulated. Also get to learn, Punjabi and Oriya Language History.
Punjabi and Oriya Continents
Thinking about Punjabi and Oriya continents in which Punjabi and Oriya speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Punjabi and Oriya. Most of the Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. While Oriya speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Punjabi and Oriya languages:
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
Oriya Interesting Facts:
- The earliest literature in Oriya was traced in 7th to 9th centuries.
- Since Odia is having a long literary history and has not borrowed largely from other languages, it is the 6th classical language in India.
The Punjabi language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Hindi Language whereas Punjabi language is similar to Bengali and Assamese and derived from Sanskrit Language.