Maltese and Filipino as Minority Language
In Maltese and Filipino speaking countries you will get the countries which have Maltese and Filipino as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Maltese as minority language: Australia, Canada, Italy, United States of America.
- Filipino as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Maltese and Filipino dialects, then you can go to Maltese vs Filipino Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Maltese and Filipino Regulators
Maltese and Filipino speaking countries provide you Maltese and Filipino regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Council for the Maltese Language regulates Maltese language.Filipino is regulated by Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino. Also get to learn, Maltese and Filipino Language History.
Maltese and Filipino Continents
Thinking about Maltese and Filipino continents in which Maltese and Filipino speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Maltese and Filipino. Most of the Maltese speaking countries lie in Europe. While Filipino speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Maltese and Filipino languages:
Maltese Interesting Facts:
- Maltese language is the only semitic language written in Latin characters.
- Maltese language has borrowed many loan words from English, Italian and French.
Filipino Interesting Facts:
- "Filipino" was officially declared as national language by the constitution in 1987.
- "Filipino" is the official name of Tagalog, or synonym of it.
The Maltese language was derived from Roman Languages and is similar to Western Arabic Dialects whereas Maltese language is similar to Tagalog Language and derived from Spanish Language.