Maltese and English as Minority Language
In Maltese and English speaking countries you will get the countries which have Maltese and English as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Maltese as minority language: Australia, Canada, Italy, United States of America.
- English as minority language: South Africa.
If you want to compare Maltese and English dialects, then you can go to Maltese vs English Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Maltese and English Regulators
Maltese and English speaking countries provide you Maltese and English regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Council for the Maltese Language regulates Maltese language.English is not regulated. Also get to learn, Maltese and English Language History.
Maltese and English Continents
Thinking about Maltese and English continents in which Maltese and English speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Maltese and English. Most of the Maltese speaking countries lie in Europe. While English speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Maltese and English languages:
Maltese Interesting Facts:
- Maltese language is the only semitic language written in Latin characters.
- Maltese language has borrowed many loan words from English, Italian and French.
English Interesting Facts:
- Most of the English words begin with the letter S than any other letter.
- English is third most commonly spoken language in the world.
The Maltese language was derived from Roman Languages and is similar to Western Arabic Dialects whereas Maltese language is similar to Not Available and derived from Latin.