Lithuanian and Estonian as Minority Language
In Lithuanian and Estonian speaking countries you will get the countries which have Lithuanian and Estonian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Lithuanian as minority language: Poland.
- Estonian as minority language: Denmark, Russia, Sweden.
If you want to compare Lithuanian and Estonian dialects, then you can go to Lithuanian vs Estonian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Lithuanian and Estonian Regulators
Lithuanian and Estonian speaking countries provide you Lithuanian and Estonian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Commission of the Lithuanian Language regulates Lithuanian language.Estonian is regulated by Institute of the Estonian Language. Also get to learn, Lithuanian and Estonian Language History.
Lithuanian and Estonian Continents
Thinking about Lithuanian and Estonian continents in which Lithuanian and Estonian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Lithuanian and Estonian. Most of the Lithuanian speaking countries lie in Europe. While Estonian speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Lithuanian and Estonian languages:
Lithuanian Interesting Facts:
- Lithuanian has many loanwords that originate from Slavic, Germanic and other Baltic languages.
- "Catheciusmus" is the oldest known book in Lithuanian language in 1547.
Estonian Interesting Facts:
- Estonian language is considered to be powerful symbol of Estonian identity and culture.
- Estonian language has adopted many words with Finnish language.
The Lithuanian language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Latvian whereas Lithuanian language is similar to Finnish and derived from Not Available.