Lao and Maithili as Minority Language
In Lao and Maithili speaking countries you will get the countries which have Lao and Maithili as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Lao as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Maithili as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Lao and Maithili dialects, then you can go to Lao vs Maithili Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Lao and Maithili Regulators
Lao and Maithili speaking countries provide you Lao and Maithili regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Lao is not regulated.Maithili is not regulated. Also get to learn, Lao and Maithili Language History.
Lao and Maithili Continents
Thinking about Lao and Maithili continents in which Lao and Maithili speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Lao and Maithili. Most of the Lao speaking countries lie in Asia. While Maithili speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Lao and Maithili languages:
Lao Interesting Facts:
- There is no space left between words, only between phrases or sentences in Lao language.
- The Lao alphabets has been reformed many times over the past 50 years.
Maithili Interesting Facts:
- Earlier, Maithili language was considered as the dialect of Hindi and Bengali, however in the year 2003 Maithili achieved an independent language status in India.
- Maithili has rich literature.
The Lao language was derived from Pali, Sanskrit and Old Khmer Languages and is similar to Thai Language whereas Lao language is similar to Bhojpuri Language and derived from Not Available.