Konkani and Maithili as Minority Language
In Konkani and Maithili speaking countries you will get the countries which have Konkani and Maithili as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Konkani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Maithili as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Konkani and Maithili dialects, then you can go to Konkani vs Maithili Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Konkani and Maithili Regulators
Konkani and Maithili speaking countries provide you Konkani and Maithili regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Govenment of Goa regulates Konkani language.Maithili is not regulated. Also get to learn, Konkani and Maithili Language History.
Konkani and Maithili Continents
Thinking about Konkani and Maithili continents in which Konkani and Maithili speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Konkani and Maithili. Most of the Konkani speaking countries lie in Asia. While Maithili speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Konkani and Maithili languages:
Konkani Interesting Facts:
- Fr. Thomas Stevan wrote the first book in Konkani in 1651.
- Sahitya Academy recognized konkani as a language in year 1976.
Maithili Interesting Facts:
- Earlier, Maithili language was considered as the dialect of Hindi and Bengali, however in the year 2003 Maithili achieved an independent language status in India.
- Maithili has rich literature.
The Konkani language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Marathi whereas Konkani language is similar to Bhojpuri Language and derived from Not Available.