Maithili and Oriya as Minority Language
In Maithili and Oriya speaking countries you will get the countries which have Maithili and Oriya as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Maithili as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Oriya as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Maithili and Oriya dialects, then you can go to Maithili vs Oriya Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Maithili and Oriya Regulators
Maithili and Oriya speaking countries provide you Maithili and Oriya regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Maithili is not regulated.Oriya is not regulated. Also get to learn, Maithili and Oriya Language History.
Maithili and Oriya Continents
Thinking about Maithili and Oriya continents in which Maithili and Oriya speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Maithili and Oriya. Most of the Maithili speaking countries lie in Asia. While Oriya speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Maithili and Oriya languages:
Maithili Interesting Facts:
- Earlier, Maithili language was considered as the dialect of Hindi and Bengali, however in the year 2003 Maithili achieved an independent language status in India.
- Maithili has rich literature.
Oriya Interesting Facts:
- The earliest literature in Oriya was traced in 7th to 9th centuries.
- Since Odia is having a long literary history and has not borrowed largely from other languages, it is the 6th classical language in India.
The Maithili language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Bhojpuri Language whereas Maithili language is similar to Bengali and Assamese and derived from Sanskrit Language.