French and Afrikaans as Minority Language
In French and Afrikaans speaking countries you will get the countries which have French and Afrikaans as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- French as minority language: Brazil, Cambodia, United States of America, Vietnam.
- Afrikaans as minority language: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
If you want to compare French and Afrikaans dialects, then you can go to French vs Afrikaans Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
French and Afrikaans Regulators
French and Afrikaans speaking countries provide you French and Afrikaans regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Académie française (French Academy), Office québécois de la langue française regulates French language.Afrikaans is regulated by Die Taalkommissie, National Languages Committee. Also get to learn, French and Afrikaans Language History.
French and Afrikaans Continents
Thinking about French and Afrikaans continents in which French and Afrikaans speaking countries are present. Check out more information on French and Afrikaans. Most of the French speaking countries lie in Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, Pacific, South America. While Afrikaans speaking countries lie in Africa. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of French and Afrikaans languages:
French Interesting Facts:
- French is the only language, with English, that is taught in every country of the world.
- French is the top language in Culinary Scene.
Afrikaans Interesting Facts:
- Afrikaans Language is a mixture of English, Dutch, German, French and some South African language like Xhosa.
- Afrikaans Language lacks case and gender distinctions.
The French language was derived from Latin and is similar to Italian Language whereas French language is similar to Dutch Language and derived from Dutch Language.