English and Finnish as Minority Language
In English and Finnish speaking countries you will get the countries which have English and Finnish as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- English as minority language: South Africa.
- Finnish as minority language: Republic of Karelia, Russian Federation, Sweden.
If you want to compare English and Finnish dialects, then you can go to English vs Finnish Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
English and Finnish Regulators
English and Finnish speaking countries provide you English and Finnish regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. English is not regulated.Finnish is regulated by Institute for the Languages of Finland. Also get to learn, English and Finnish Language History.
English and Finnish Continents
Thinking about English and Finnish continents in which English and Finnish speaking countries are present. Check out more information on English and Finnish. Most of the English speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America. While Finnish speaking countries lie in Asia, Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of English and Finnish languages:
English Interesting Facts:
- Most of the English words begin with the letter S than any other letter.
- English is third most commonly spoken language in the world.
Finnish Interesting Facts:
- Finnish language has adopted many words from Iranian, Turkic, Baltic, Germanic and Slavic languages.
- In Finnish language, there are no articles or grammatical gender.
The English language was derived from Latin and is similar to Not Available whereas English language is similar to Estonian and Livonian Languages and derived from Not Available.