Dutch and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Dutch and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Dutch and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Dutch as minority language: France, Germany, Indonesia.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Dutch and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Dutch vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Dutch and Portuguese Regulators
Dutch and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Dutch and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Nederlandse Taalunie (Dutch Language Union) regulates Dutch language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Dutch and Portuguese Language History.
Dutch and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Dutch and Portuguese continents in which Dutch and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Dutch and Portuguese. Most of the Dutch speaking countries lie in Asia, Europe, North America, South America. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Dutch and Portuguese languages:
Dutch Interesting Facts:
- Dutch language consist of extremely long words. The longest dutch word in the dictionary is 53 letters long.
- There exists 75% borrowed words in Dutch language, and a lot of those are French, English and Hebrew.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Dutch language was derived from Not Available and is similar to German and English Languages whereas Dutch language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.