Portuguese and Romanian as Minority Language
In Portuguese and Romanian speaking countries you will get the countries which have Portuguese and Romanian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
- Romanian as minority language: Hungary, Serbia, Ukraine.
If you want to compare Portuguese and Romanian dialects, then you can go to Portuguese vs Romanian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Portuguese and Romanian Regulators
Portuguese and Romanian speaking countries provide you Portuguese and Romanian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras regulates Portuguese language.Romanian is regulated by Academia de Ştiinţe a Moldovei, Institutul de Lingvisticǎ al Academiei Române (Institute for Li. Also get to learn, Portuguese and Romanian Language History.
Portuguese and Romanian Continents
Thinking about Portuguese and Romanian continents in which Portuguese and Romanian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Portuguese and Romanian. Most of the Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. While Romanian speaking countries lie in Asia, Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Portuguese and Romanian languages:
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
Romanian Interesting Facts:
- Romanian language has distinct type of grammar and phonology compared to other Romance languages.
- The earliest text of Romance language was found in the year 1521.
The Portuguese language was derived from Latin and is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages whereas Portuguese language is similar to French, Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese and Italian Languages. and derived from Latin.