Catalan and Xhosa as Minority Language
In Catalan and Xhosa speaking countries you will get the countries which have Catalan and Xhosa as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
- Xhosa as minority language: Botswana, Lesotho.
If you want to compare Catalan and Xhosa dialects, then you can go to Catalan vs Xhosa Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Catalan and Xhosa Regulators
Catalan and Xhosa speaking countries provide you Catalan and Xhosa regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee regulates Catalan language.Xhosa is not regulated. Also get to learn, Catalan and Xhosa Language History.
Catalan and Xhosa Continents
Thinking about Catalan and Xhosa continents in which Catalan and Xhosa speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Catalan and Xhosa. Most of the Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. While Xhosa speaking countries lie in Africa. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Catalan and Xhosa languages:
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
Xhosa Interesting Facts:
- Xhosa has 15 click sounds, borrowed from the khoi-khoi and san languages of the South Africa.
- The same sequence of consonants and vowels can have different meaning when said with different tones, so Xhosa is tonal.
The Catalan language was derived from Latin and is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language whereas Catalan language is similar to Zulu, Swazi, and Ndebele and derived from Khoi-Khoi and San Languages.