Arabic and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Arabic and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Arabic and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Arabic as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Arabic and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Arabic vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Arabic and Portuguese Regulators
Arabic and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Arabic and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Academy of the Arabic Language, Arabic Language International Council regulates Arabic language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Arabic and Portuguese Language History.
Arabic and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Arabic and Portuguese continents in which Arabic and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Arabic and Portuguese. Most of the Arabic speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Arabic and Portuguese languages:
Arabic Interesting Facts:
- Arabic is 5th common language in world.
- Classical Arabic is the language of Quran and also it is official language. Classical Arabic is the only way to learn Arabic language in academic way and it does not change.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Arabic language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Amharic and Hebrew whereas Arabic language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.