Afrikaans and Azerbaijani as Minority Language
In Afrikaans and Azerbaijani speaking countries you will get the countries which have Afrikaans and Azerbaijani as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Afrikaans as minority language: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Azerbaijani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Afrikaans and Azerbaijani dialects, then you can go to Afrikaans vs Azerbaijani Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Afrikaans and Azerbaijani Regulators
Afrikaans and Azerbaijani speaking countries provide you Afrikaans and Azerbaijani regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Die Taalkommissie, National Languages Committee regulates Afrikaans language.Azerbaijani is regulated by Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences. Also get to learn, Afrikaans and Azerbaijani Language History.
Afrikaans and Azerbaijani Continents
Thinking about Afrikaans and Azerbaijani continents in which Afrikaans and Azerbaijani speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Afrikaans and Azerbaijani. Most of the Afrikaans speaking countries lie in Africa. While Azerbaijani speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Afrikaans and Azerbaijani languages:
Afrikaans Interesting Facts:
- Afrikaans Language is a mixture of English, Dutch, German, French and some South African language like Xhosa.
- Afrikaans Language lacks case and gender distinctions.
Azerbaijani Interesting Facts:
- Even though Official language of Azerbaijan is Azerbaijani, the Business language is Azerbaijani, English and Russian.
- Azerbaijan is known as “Land of Fire”, is country with unique culture and spellbinding history.
The Afrikaans language was derived from Dutch Language and is similar to Dutch Language whereas Afrikaans language is similar to Turkish and derived from Osmanly language.