Urdu and Greek as Minority Language
In Urdu and Greek speaking countries you will get the countries which have Urdu and Greek as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Urdu as minority language: India.
- Greek as minority language: Albania, Armenia, Australia, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine.
If you want to compare Urdu and Greek dialects, then you can go to Urdu vs Greek Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Urdu and Greek Regulators
Urdu and Greek speaking countries provide you Urdu and Greek regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, India, National Language Authority, Pakistan regulates Urdu language.Greek is regulated by Center for the Greek language (Κέντρον Ελληνικής Γλώσσας). Also get to learn, Urdu and Greek Language History.
Urdu and Greek Continents
Thinking about Urdu and Greek continents in which Urdu and Greek speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Urdu and Greek. Most of the Urdu speaking countries lie in Asia, Oceania. While Greek speaking countries lie in Asia, Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Urdu and Greek languages:
Urdu Interesting Facts:
- Urdu is a language of beauty and grace, that adds meaning to prose and charm to poetry.
- Different languages such as Arabic, Persian and Turkish gave birth and richness to Urdu.
Greek Interesting Facts:
- Greek is the longest documented language of all the Indo-European Langauges.
- The official language of education in the Roman Empire was Greek.
The Urdu language was derived from Ghaznavid Persian Language and is similar to Arabic and Hindi Languages whereas Urdu language is similar to Armenian and derived from Latin.