Somali and Santali as Minority Language
In Somali and Santali speaking countries you will get the countries which have Somali and Santali as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Somali as minority language: Yemen.
- Santali as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Somali and Santali dialects, then you can go to Somali vs Santali Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Somali and Santali Regulators
Somali and Santali speaking countries provide you Somali and Santali regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Languages Committee, Regional Somali Language Academy regulates Somali language.Santali is not regulated. Also get to learn, Somali and Santali Language History.
Somali and Santali Continents
Thinking about Somali and Santali continents in which Somali and Santali speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Somali and Santali. Most of the Somali speaking countries lie in Africa, Middle East. While Santali speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Somali and Santali languages:
Somali Interesting Facts:
- Somali language is one of the best documented Afro-Asiatic languages.
- One of the most widely spoken of the Cushitic languages is the Somali Language.
Santali Interesting Facts:
- Santali language was an oral language till nineteenth century.
- Before the invention of Santali alphabets, Santali was written with the Bengali or Odia alphabets.
The Somali language was derived from Arabic Language and is similar to Afar and Oromo Language whereas Somali language is similar to Munda Language and derived from Not Available.