Somali and German as Minority Language
In Somali and German speaking countries you will get the countries which have Somali and German as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Somali as minority language: Yemen.
- German as minority language: Czech Republic, Denmark, Former Soviet Union, France, Hungary, Italy, Namibia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
If you want to compare Somali and German dialects, then you can go to Somali vs German Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Somali and German Regulators
Somali and German speaking countries provide you Somali and German regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Languages Committee, Regional Somali Language Academy regulates Somali language.German is regulated by Council for German Orthography. Also get to learn, Somali and German Language History.
Somali and German Continents
Thinking about Somali and German continents in which Somali and German speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Somali and German. Most of the Somali speaking countries lie in Africa, Middle East. While German speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Somali and German languages:
Somali Interesting Facts:
- Somali language is one of the best documented Afro-Asiatic languages.
- One of the most widely spoken of the Cushitic languages is the Somali Language.
German Interesting Facts:
- One of the large group of Indo-Germanic languages is German.
- The second most popular Germanic language spoken today behind English is German language.
The Somali language was derived from Arabic Language and is similar to Afar and Oromo Language whereas Somali language is similar to Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English Languages and derived from Albanian Languages.