Punjabi and Konkani as Minority Language
In Punjabi and Konkani speaking countries you will get the countries which have Punjabi and Konkani as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Konkani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Punjabi and Konkani dialects, then you can go to Punjabi vs Konkani Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Punjabi and Konkani Regulators
Punjabi and Konkani speaking countries provide you Punjabi and Konkani regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Punjabi is not regulated.Konkani is regulated by Govenment of Goa. Also get to learn, Punjabi and Konkani Language History.
Punjabi and Konkani Continents
Thinking about Punjabi and Konkani continents in which Punjabi and Konkani speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Punjabi and Konkani. Most of the Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. While Konkani speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Punjabi and Konkani languages:
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
Konkani Interesting Facts:
- Fr. Thomas Stevan wrote the first book in Konkani in 1651.
- Sahitya Academy recognized konkani as a language in year 1976.
The Punjabi language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Hindi Language whereas Punjabi language is similar to Marathi and derived from Sanskrit Language.