Maltese and Somali as Minority Language
In Maltese and Somali speaking countries you will get the countries which have Maltese and Somali as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Maltese as minority language: Australia, Canada, Italy, United States of America.
- Somali as minority language: Yemen.
If you want to compare Maltese and Somali dialects, then you can go to Maltese vs Somali Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Maltese and Somali Regulators
Maltese and Somali speaking countries provide you Maltese and Somali regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. National Council for the Maltese Language regulates Maltese language.Somali is regulated by National Languages Committee, Regional Somali Language Academy. Also get to learn, Maltese and Somali Language History.
Maltese and Somali Continents
Thinking about Maltese and Somali continents in which Maltese and Somali speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Maltese and Somali. Most of the Maltese speaking countries lie in Europe. While Somali speaking countries lie in Africa, Middle East. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Maltese and Somali languages:
Maltese Interesting Facts:
- Maltese language is the only semitic language written in Latin characters.
- Maltese language has borrowed many loan words from English, Italian and French.
Somali Interesting Facts:
- Somali language is one of the best documented Afro-Asiatic languages.
- One of the most widely spoken of the Cushitic languages is the Somali Language.
The Maltese language was derived from Roman Languages and is similar to Western Arabic Dialects whereas Maltese language is similar to Afar and Oromo Language and derived from Arabic Language.