Konkani and Bhojpuri as Minority Language
In Konkani and Bhojpuri speaking countries you will get the countries which have Konkani and Bhojpuri as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Konkani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Bhojpuri as minority language: Fiji, Guyana, Jamaica, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
If you want to compare Konkani and Bhojpuri dialects, then you can go to Konkani vs Bhojpuri Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Konkani and Bhojpuri Regulators
Konkani and Bhojpuri speaking countries provide you Konkani and Bhojpuri regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Govenment of Goa regulates Konkani language.Bhojpuri is not regulated. Also get to learn, Konkani and Bhojpuri Language History.
Konkani and Bhojpuri Continents
Thinking about Konkani and Bhojpuri continents in which Konkani and Bhojpuri speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Konkani and Bhojpuri. Most of the Konkani speaking countries lie in Asia. While Bhojpuri speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Konkani and Bhojpuri languages:
Konkani Interesting Facts:
- Fr. Thomas Stevan wrote the first book in Konkani in 1651.
- Sahitya Academy recognized konkani as a language in year 1976.
Bhojpuri Interesting Facts:
- Bhojpuri was anciently written in Kaithi scripts.
- In Mughal Era, Kaithi script was used in administrative purposes for writing in Bhojpuri language.
The Konkani language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Marathi whereas Konkani language is similar to Maithili and Magahi and derived from Sanskrit Language.