German and Polish as Minority Language
In German and Polish speaking countries you will get the countries which have German and Polish as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- German as minority language: Czech Republic, Denmark, Former Soviet Union, France, Hungary, Italy, Namibia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
- Polish as minority language: Belarus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Ukraine.
If you want to compare German and Polish dialects, then you can go to German vs Polish Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
German and Polish Regulators
German and Polish speaking countries provide you German and Polish regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Council for German Orthography regulates German language.Polish is regulated by Polish Language Council (Rada Języka Polskiego). Also get to learn, German and Polish Language History.
German and Polish Continents
Thinking about German and Polish continents in which German and Polish speaking countries are present. Check out more information on German and Polish. Most of the German speaking countries lie in Europe. While Polish speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of German and Polish languages:
German Interesting Facts:
- One of the large group of Indo-Germanic languages is German.
- The second most popular Germanic language spoken today behind English is German language.
Polish Interesting Facts:
- Polish Language has many loanwords from Russian, Czech, French, Italian, Hebrew and German Languages.
- The earliest writings found in polish language was list of persons and place names, is dated to 1136.
The German language was derived from Albanian Languages and is similar to Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English Languages whereas German language is similar to Czech, Slovak, Serbian Languages and derived from Not Available.