German and Catalan as Minority Language
In German and Catalan speaking countries you will get the countries which have German and Catalan as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- German as minority language: Czech Republic, Denmark, Former Soviet Union, France, Hungary, Italy, Namibia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
- Catalan as minority language: Aragon, France, Italy, Spain.
If you want to compare German and Catalan dialects, then you can go to German vs Catalan Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
German and Catalan Regulators
German and Catalan speaking countries provide you German and Catalan regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Council for German Orthography regulates German language.Catalan is regulated by Institut d'Estudis Catalans, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua, National Languages Committee. Also get to learn, German and Catalan Language History.
German and Catalan Continents
Thinking about German and Catalan continents in which German and Catalan speaking countries are present. Check out more information on German and Catalan. Most of the German speaking countries lie in Europe. While Catalan speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of German and Catalan languages:
German Interesting Facts:
- One of the large group of Indo-Germanic languages is German.
- The second most popular Germanic language spoken today behind English is German language.
Catalan Interesting Facts:
- Catalan is 6th most largely spoken Romance language.
- Catalan went through a golden age in low middle ages, reaching a peak of maturity and cultural richness.
The German language was derived from Albanian Languages and is similar to Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English Languages whereas German language is similar to Spanish Language, Occitan Language, Italian Language, French Language and derived from Latin.