French and Portuguese as Minority Language
In French and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have French and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- French as minority language: Brazil, Cambodia, United States of America, Vietnam.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare French and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to French vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
French and Portuguese Regulators
French and Portuguese speaking countries provide you French and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Académie française (French Academy), Office québécois de la langue française regulates French language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, French and Portuguese Language History.
French and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about French and Portuguese continents in which French and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on French and Portuguese. Most of the French speaking countries lie in Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, Pacific, South America. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of French and Portuguese languages:
French Interesting Facts:
- French is the only language, with English, that is taught in every country of the world.
- French is the top language in Culinary Scene.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The French language was derived from Latin and is similar to Italian Language whereas French language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.