French and Malagasy as Minority Language
In French and Malagasy speaking countries you will get the countries which have French and Malagasy as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- French as minority language: Brazil, Cambodia, United States of America, Vietnam.
- Malagasy as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare French and Malagasy dialects, then you can go to French vs Malagasy Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
French and Malagasy Regulators
French and Malagasy speaking countries provide you French and Malagasy regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Académie française (French Academy), Office québécois de la langue française regulates French language.Malagasy is not regulated. Also get to learn, French and Malagasy Language History.
French and Malagasy Continents
Thinking about French and Malagasy continents in which French and Malagasy speaking countries are present. Check out more information on French and Malagasy. Most of the French speaking countries lie in Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, Pacific, South America. While Malagasy speaking countries lie in Africa. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of French and Malagasy languages:
French Interesting Facts:
- French is the only language, with English, that is taught in every country of the world.
- French is the top language in Culinary Scene.
Malagasy Interesting Facts:
- Malagasy language was originated in southeast Asia, since it shares several common words and meanings with Indonesian Languages.
- About 93% of the basic vocabulary is of Malayo-Polynesian origin in Malagasy language.
The French language was derived from Latin and is similar to Italian Language whereas French language is similar to Not Available and derived from Not Available.