Filipino and Konkani as Minority Language
In Filipino and Konkani speaking countries you will get the countries which have Filipino and Konkani as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Filipino as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Konkani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Filipino and Konkani dialects, then you can go to Filipino vs Konkani Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Filipino and Konkani Regulators
Filipino and Konkani speaking countries provide you Filipino and Konkani regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino regulates Filipino language.Konkani is regulated by Govenment of Goa. Also get to learn, Filipino and Konkani Language History.
Filipino and Konkani Continents
Thinking about Filipino and Konkani continents in which Filipino and Konkani speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Filipino and Konkani. Most of the Filipino speaking countries lie in Asia. While Konkani speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Filipino and Konkani languages:
Filipino Interesting Facts:
- "Filipino" was officially declared as national language by the constitution in 1987.
- "Filipino" is the official name of Tagalog, or synonym of it.
Konkani Interesting Facts:
- Fr. Thomas Stevan wrote the first book in Konkani in 1651.
- Sahitya Academy recognized konkani as a language in year 1976.
The Filipino language was derived from Spanish Language and is similar to Tagalog Language whereas Filipino language is similar to Marathi and derived from Sanskrit Language.