English and Portuguese as Minority Language
In English and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have English and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- English as minority language: South Africa.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare English and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to English vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
English and Portuguese Regulators
English and Portuguese speaking countries provide you English and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. English is not regulated.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, English and Portuguese Language History.
English and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about English and Portuguese continents in which English and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on English and Portuguese. Most of the English speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of English and Portuguese languages:
English Interesting Facts:
- Most of the English words begin with the letter S than any other letter.
- English is third most commonly spoken language in the world.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The English language was derived from Latin and is similar to Not Available whereas English language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.