English and Norwegian as Minority Language
In English and Norwegian speaking countries you will get the countries which have English and Norwegian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- English as minority language: South Africa.
- Norwegian as minority language: Nynorsk.
If you want to compare English and Norwegian dialects, then you can go to English vs Norwegian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
English and Norwegian Regulators
English and Norwegian speaking countries provide you English and Norwegian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. English is not regulated.Norwegian is regulated by Norwegian Language Council. Also get to learn, English and Norwegian Language History.
English and Norwegian Continents
Thinking about English and Norwegian continents in which English and Norwegian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on English and Norwegian. Most of the English speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, Oceania, South America. While Norwegian speaking countries lie in Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of English and Norwegian languages:
English Interesting Facts:
- Most of the English words begin with the letter S than any other letter.
- English is third most commonly spoken language in the world.
Norwegian Interesting Facts:
- Bergen is one of the Norwegian dialect which has only two genders: common and neuter.
- Since Norwegian language uses pitch accents, it has musical quality and are sometimes employed to distinguish the meanings of homonyms.
The English language was derived from Latin and is similar to Not Available whereas English language is similar to Swedish and Danish Languages and derived from Not Available.