Chinese and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Chinese and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Chinese and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Chinese as minority language: Indonesia, Malaysia.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Chinese and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Chinese vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Chinese and Portuguese Regulators
Chinese and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Chinese and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Chinese Language Standardization Council, National Commission on Language and Script Work, Promote Mandarin Council regulates Chinese language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Chinese and Portuguese Language History.
Chinese and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Chinese and Portuguese continents in which Chinese and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Chinese and Portuguese. Most of the Chinese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Chinese and Portuguese languages:
Chinese Interesting Facts:
- Chinese language is tonal, since meaning of a word changes according to its tone.
- In Chinese language, there is no grammatical distinction between singular or plural, no declination of verbs according to tense, mood and aspect.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Chinese language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Chinese language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.