Cantonese and Javanese as Minority Language
In Cantonese and Javanese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Cantonese and Javanese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Cantonese as minority language: Hawaii.
- Javanese as minority language: Malaysia, Netherlands, Singapore, Suriname.
If you want to compare Cantonese and Javanese dialects, then you can go to Cantonese vs Javanese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Cantonese and Javanese Regulators
Cantonese and Javanese speaking countries provide you Cantonese and Javanese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Civil Service Bureau, Government of Hong Kong, Official Language Division regulates Cantonese language.Javanese is not regulated. Also get to learn, Cantonese and Javanese Language History.
Cantonese and Javanese Continents
Thinking about Cantonese and Javanese continents in which Cantonese and Javanese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Cantonese and Javanese. Most of the Cantonese speaking countries lie in Asia. While Javanese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Cantonese and Javanese languages:
Cantonese Interesting Facts:
- Cantonese have lot of slangs, many of them include words that do not make sense at all and some also have English in them.
- Even though Cantonese and Mandarin are dialects of Chinese, Cantonese has 8 tones instead of Mandarin's 4.
Javanese Interesting Facts:
- The Javanese group is the largest ethnic group in Indonesian.
- The earliest writing in Javanese dates from the 4th Century AD, at that time Javanese was written with the Pallava alphabet.
The Cantonese language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Chinese Language whereas Cantonese language is similar to Madurese, Sundanese and Balinese Languages and derived from Not Available.