Bhojpuri and Punjabi as Minority Language
In Bhojpuri and Punjabi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Bhojpuri and Punjabi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Bhojpuri as minority language: Fiji, Guyana, Jamaica, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Punjabi as minority language: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America.
If you want to compare Bhojpuri and Punjabi dialects, then you can go to Bhojpuri vs Punjabi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Bhojpuri and Punjabi Regulators
Bhojpuri and Punjabi speaking countries provide you Bhojpuri and Punjabi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Bhojpuri is not regulated.Punjabi is not regulated. Also get to learn, Bhojpuri and Punjabi Language History.
Bhojpuri and Punjabi Continents
Thinking about Bhojpuri and Punjabi continents in which Bhojpuri and Punjabi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Bhojpuri and Punjabi. Most of the Bhojpuri speaking countries lie in Asia. While Punjabi speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Bhojpuri and Punjabi languages:
Bhojpuri Interesting Facts:
- Bhojpuri was anciently written in Kaithi scripts.
- In Mughal Era, Kaithi script was used in administrative purposes for writing in Bhojpuri language.
Punjabi Interesting Facts:
- Punjabi is 2nd most spoken in United Kingdom and 4th most spoken in Canada.
- Punjabi is tonal language, by using various tones Punjabi speakers are able to differentiate between words.
The Bhojpuri language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Maithili and Magahi whereas Bhojpuri language is similar to Hindi Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.