Portuguese and Quechua as Minority Language
In Portuguese and Quechua speaking countries you will get the countries which have Portuguese and Quechua as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
- Quechua as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare Portuguese and Quechua dialects, then you can go to Portuguese vs Quechua Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Portuguese and Quechua Regulators
Portuguese and Quechua speaking countries provide you Portuguese and Quechua regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras regulates Portuguese language.Quechua is not regulated. Also get to learn, Portuguese and Quechua Language History.
Portuguese and Quechua Continents
Thinking about Portuguese and Quechua continents in which Portuguese and Quechua speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Portuguese and Quechua. Most of the Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. While Quechua speaking countries lie in South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Portuguese and Quechua languages:
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
Quechua Interesting Facts:
- One of the most widely spoken indigenous language in the America is Quechua.
- Quechua language has borrowed many words from Spanish.
The Portuguese language was derived from Latin and is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages whereas Portuguese language is similar to Not Available and derived from Not Available.