Norwegian national language and Norwegian as a Second Language
Norwegian speaking countries include both countries with Norwegian national language and Norwegian as a second language. Check if Norwegian language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Norwegian is national language of Norway.
Compare Norwegian speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Norwegian vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Norwegian is not spoken as second language.
The Norwegian countries mentioned under Norwegian Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Norwegian language.
Norwegian as minority language
Countries with Norwegian as minority language are also included in Norwegian speaking countries.
- Norwegian is spoken as minority language in Nynorsk.
Along with Norwegian speaking countries check out Norwegian speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Norwegian speaking countries mainly lie in Europe, South America.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Norwegian Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Norwegian language are Norwegian regulators. Norwegian is regulated by Norwegian Language Council. The regulatory bodies of Norwegian lie in Norwegian speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Norwegian:
- Bergen is one of the Norwegian dialect which has only two genders: common and neuter.
- Since Norwegian language uses pitch accents, it has musical quality and are sometimes employed to distinguish the meanings of homonyms.
The Norwegian language is derived from Not Available and is closely related to Swedish and Danish Languages.