Romanian and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Romanian and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Romanian and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Romanian as minority language: Hungary, Serbia, Ukraine.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Romanian and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Romanian vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Romanian and Portuguese Regulators
Romanian and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Romanian and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Academia de Ştiinţe a Moldovei, Institutul de Lingvisticǎ al Academiei Române (Institute for Li regulates Romanian language.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Romanian and Portuguese Language History.
Romanian and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Romanian and Portuguese continents in which Romanian and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Romanian and Portuguese. Most of the Romanian speaking countries lie in Asia, Europe. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Romanian and Portuguese languages:
Romanian Interesting Facts:
- Romanian language has distinct type of grammar and phonology compared to other Romance languages.
- The earliest text of Romance language was found in the year 1521.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Romanian language was derived from Latin and is similar to French, Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese and Italian Languages. whereas Romanian language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.