Maithili and Portuguese as Minority Language
In Maithili and Portuguese speaking countries you will get the countries which have Maithili and Portuguese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Maithili as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Portuguese as minority language: Australia, Daman and Diu, France, Germany, Goa, Italy, Japan, United States of America.
If you want to compare Maithili and Portuguese dialects, then you can go to Maithili vs Portuguese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Maithili and Portuguese Regulators
Maithili and Portuguese speaking countries provide you Maithili and Portuguese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Maithili is not regulated.Portuguese is regulated by Academia Brasileira de Letras (Brazilian Literary Academy), Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Classe de Letras. Also get to learn, Maithili and Portuguese Language History.
Maithili and Portuguese Continents
Thinking about Maithili and Portuguese continents in which Maithili and Portuguese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Maithili and Portuguese. Most of the Maithili speaking countries lie in Asia. While Portuguese speaking countries lie in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Maithili and Portuguese languages:
Maithili Interesting Facts:
- Earlier, Maithili language was considered as the dialect of Hindi and Bengali, however in the year 2003 Maithili achieved an independent language status in India.
- Maithili has rich literature.
Portuguese Interesting Facts:
- Portuguese language has absorbed many words from French, Italian, Arabic and also from indigenous South American and African languages.
- The first written document in Portuguese language was found in the 12th century.
The Maithili language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Bhojpuri Language whereas Maithili language is similar to Spanish and Galician Languages and derived from Latin.