Konkani and Croatian as Minority Language
In Konkani and Croatian speaking countries you will get the countries which have Konkani and Croatian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Konkani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Croatian as minority language: Austria, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro, Romania.
If you want to compare Konkani and Croatian dialects, then you can go to Konkani vs Croatian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Konkani and Croatian Regulators
Konkani and Croatian speaking countries provide you Konkani and Croatian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Govenment of Goa regulates Konkani language.Croatian is regulated by Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics. Also get to learn, Konkani and Croatian Language History.
Konkani and Croatian Continents
Thinking about Konkani and Croatian continents in which Konkani and Croatian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Konkani and Croatian. Most of the Konkani speaking countries lie in Asia. While Croatian speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Konkani and Croatian languages:
Konkani Interesting Facts:
- Fr. Thomas Stevan wrote the first book in Konkani in 1651.
- Sahitya Academy recognized konkani as a language in year 1976.
Croatian Interesting Facts:
- In croatian language, everywhere there are words without vowels.
- Though croatian language was born in 9th century, the first written document in croatian was in 11th century.
The Konkani language was derived from Sanskrit Language and is similar to Marathi whereas Konkani language is similar to Serbain and Bosnian and derived from Church Slavonic.