Igbo and Marathi as Minority Language
In Igbo and Marathi speaking countries you will get the countries which have Igbo and Marathi as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Igbo as minority language: Equatorial Guinea.
- Marathi as minority language: Israel, Mauritius.
If you want to compare Igbo and Marathi dialects, then you can go to Igbo vs Marathi Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Igbo and Marathi Regulators
Igbo and Marathi speaking countries provide you Igbo and Marathi regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Society for Promoting Igbo Language and Culture regulates Igbo language.Marathi is regulated by Maharashtra Sahitya Parishad. Also get to learn, Igbo and Marathi Language History.
Igbo and Marathi Continents
Thinking about Igbo and Marathi continents in which Igbo and Marathi speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Igbo and Marathi. Most of the Igbo speaking countries lie in Africa. While Marathi speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Igbo and Marathi languages:
Igbo Interesting Facts:
- In Igbo, there is complicated system of high and low tones indicating differences in meaning and grammatical relationships.
- Igbo has inexhaustible and rich linguistic features like idioms, proverbs, aphorisms, anecdotes etc.
Marathi Interesting Facts:
- Marathi ranks 4th in India based on the number of native speakers.
- Marathi language has borrowed plenty of loanwords from Urdu, Persian, Arabic and Sanskrit.
The Igbo language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Igbo language is similar to Konkani Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.