German and Sinhalese as Minority Language
In German and Sinhalese speaking countries you will get the countries which have German and Sinhalese as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- German as minority language: Czech Republic, Denmark, Former Soviet Union, France, Hungary, Italy, Namibia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
- Sinhalese as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare German and Sinhalese dialects, then you can go to German vs Sinhalese Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
German and Sinhalese Regulators
German and Sinhalese speaking countries provide you German and Sinhalese regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Council for German Orthography regulates German language.Sinhalese is regulated by Hela Havula (හෙළ හවුල). Also get to learn, German and Sinhalese Language History.
German and Sinhalese Continents
Thinking about German and Sinhalese continents in which German and Sinhalese speaking countries are present. Check out more information on German and Sinhalese. Most of the German speaking countries lie in Europe. While Sinhalese speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of German and Sinhalese languages:
German Interesting Facts:
- One of the large group of Indo-Germanic languages is German.
- The second most popular Germanic language spoken today behind English is German language.
Sinhalese Interesting Facts:
- In Sinhalese language, there are many loanwords from Dravidian languages mainly Tamil, Portuguese, Dutch and English.
- Sinhalese language has it own script/ writing system.
The German language was derived from Albanian Languages and is similar to Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English Languages whereas German language is similar to Maldivian Language and derived from Sanskrit Language.