German and Galician as Minority Language
In German and Galician speaking countries you will get the countries which have German and Galician as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- German as minority language: Czech Republic, Denmark, Former Soviet Union, France, Hungary, Italy, Namibia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
- Galician as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare German and Galician dialects, then you can go to German vs Galician Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
German and Galician Regulators
German and Galician speaking countries provide you German and Galician regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Council for German Orthography regulates German language.Galician is regulated by Royal Galician Academy (Real Academia Galega). Also get to learn, German and Galician Language History.
German and Galician Continents
Thinking about German and Galician continents in which German and Galician speaking countries are present. Check out more information on German and Galician. Most of the German speaking countries lie in Europe. While Galician speaking countries lie in Europe. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of German and Galician languages:
German Interesting Facts:
- One of the large group of Indo-Germanic languages is German.
- The second most popular Germanic language spoken today behind English is German language.
Galician Interesting Facts:
- In Galician language, there are no compound tenses.
- The earliest document in Galician language was written in 1228 which was legal charter for a municipality of Galicia.
The German language was derived from Albanian Languages and is similar to Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English Languages whereas German language is similar to Portuguese Language and derived from Latin.