Amharic and Somali as Minority Language
In Amharic and Somali speaking countries you will get the countries which have Amharic and Somali as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Amharic as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
- Somali as minority language: Yemen.
If you want to compare Amharic and Somali dialects, then you can go to Amharic vs Somali Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Amharic and Somali Regulators
Amharic and Somali speaking countries provide you Amharic and Somali regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Amharic is not regulated.Somali is regulated by National Languages Committee, Regional Somali Language Academy. Also get to learn, Amharic and Somali Language History.
Amharic and Somali Continents
Thinking about Amharic and Somali continents in which Amharic and Somali speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Amharic and Somali. Most of the Amharic speaking countries lie in Africa. While Somali speaking countries lie in Africa, Middle East. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Amharic and Somali languages:
Amharic Interesting Facts:
- Amharic ranks as second most spoken Semitic language in the world.
- Amharic has its own writing system named “fidel” and it uses Amharic alphabets to write.
Somali Interesting Facts:
- Somali language is one of the best documented Afro-Asiatic languages.
- One of the most widely spoken of the Cushitic languages is the Somali Language.
The Amharic language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Not Available whereas Amharic language is similar to Afar and Oromo Language and derived from Arabic Language.