Korean and Indonesian as Minority Language
In Korean and Indonesian speaking countries you will get the countries which have Korean and Indonesian as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- Korean as minority language: Japan, People's Republic of China, Russia, United States of America.
- Indonesian as minority language: Denmark, East Timor, Netherlands.
If you want to compare Korean and Indonesian dialects, then you can go to Korean vs Indonesian Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
Korean and Indonesian Regulators
Korean and Indonesian speaking countries provide you Korean and Indonesian regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. The National Institute of the Korean Language regulates Korean language.Indonesian is regulated by Badan Pengembangan dan Pembinaan Bahasa. Also get to learn, Korean and Indonesian Language History.
Korean and Indonesian Continents
Thinking about Korean and Indonesian continents in which Korean and Indonesian speaking countries are present. Check out more information on Korean and Indonesian. Most of the Korean speaking countries lie in Asia. While Indonesian speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of Korean and Indonesian languages:
Korean Interesting Facts:
- Korean has borrowed words from English and Chinese.
- Korean has two counting systems. First, is based on Chinese characters and numbers are similar to Chinese numbers, and second counting system is from words unique to Korea.
Indonesian Interesting Facts:
- The modern Indonesian language uses many loan words from Persian, Chinese and Arabic.
- In Indonesian language, spelling is phonetically precise, so that words are spelled as they sound.
The Korean language was derived from Not Available and is similar to Chinese and Japanese languages whereas Korean language is similar to Malay language and derived from Malay and Dutch Languages.