Gujarati national language and Gujarati as a Second Language
Gujarati speaking countries include both countries with Gujarati national language and Gujarati as a second language. Check if Gujarati language is one of the Most Spoken Languages.
- Gujarati is national language of India.
Compare Gujarati speaking countries with spanish speaking countries on Gujarati vs Spanish.
Second Language is a non-native language of the speaker, but used in the locality of that person.
- Gujarati is not spoken as second language.
The Gujarati countries mentioned under Gujarati Speaking countries are the countries where majority of people speak Gujarati language.
Gujarati as minority language
Countries with Gujarati as minority language are also included in Gujarati speaking countries.
- Gujarati is spoken as minority language in Great Britain, Kenya, Malawi, Oman, Pakistan, Tanzania, Uganda, United States of America, Zambia.
Along with Gujarati speaking countries check out Gujarati speaking population. The language spoken by minority of the population of a territory is called minority language.
- Continent wise Gujarati speaking countries mainly lie in Asia.
You can also explore more about all Oceania Languages which are spoken in Oceania Continent.
Gujarati Regulator and Facts
Many world languages have one or more language regulators. The bodies that regulate standard languages are usually called language academies. Official organizations that regulate Gujarati language are Gujarati regulators. Gujarati is regulated by NA. The regulatory bodies of Gujarati lie in Gujarati speaking countries. Some of the interesting facts of Gujarati:
- Gujarati was the first language of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi("Father of the Nation of India") and Vallabhbhai Patel ("Iron Man of India").
- Most of the words in Gujarati language are adopted from Sanskrit.
The Gujarati language is derived from Sanskrit Language and is closely related to Bengali Language.