German and Konkani as Minority Language
In German and Konkani speaking countries you will get the countries which have German and Konkani as minority language. The language which is spoken by minority of population in the country is called as minority language.
- German as minority language: Czech Republic, Denmark, Former Soviet Union, France, Hungary, Italy, Namibia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
- Konkani as minority language: Not spoken in any of the countries.
If you want to compare German and Konkani dialects, then you can go to German vs Konkani Dialects. Some of the official languages are also considered as minority languages.
German and Konkani Regulators
German and Konkani speaking countries provide you German and Konkani regulators which are the official organizations that regulate them. Council for German Orthography regulates German language.Konkani is regulated by Govenment of Goa. Also get to learn, German and Konkani Language History.
German and Konkani Continents
Thinking about German and Konkani continents in which German and Konkani speaking countries are present. Check out more information on German and Konkani. Most of the German speaking countries lie in Europe. While Konkani speaking countries lie in Asia. Continentwise, most of the languages belong to Asian Languages and African Languages. It's always fun to know about interesting facts of any language, so lets discuss about unknown facts of German and Konkani languages:
German Interesting Facts:
- One of the large group of Indo-Germanic languages is German.
- The second most popular Germanic language spoken today behind English is German language.
Konkani Interesting Facts:
- Fr. Thomas Stevan wrote the first book in Konkani in 1651.
- Sahitya Academy recognized konkani as a language in year 1976.
The German language was derived from Albanian Languages and is similar to Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English Languages whereas German language is similar to Marathi and derived from Sanskrit Language.